The home page is very important. Read this list of common mistakes made on home pages and make sure to avoid them.
There should always be a page for each service that a client offers. For example, if they are a veterinarian they should have a page for dentistry, vaccinations, nutrition, boarding, doggy day care, etc.
Each service page can include:
- A thorough text description of the service (at least 500 words)
- Relevant images (no stock photos if possible)
- Answers to documented FAQs about the specific service
- Price / time quotes
- Technical specs
- Multiple reviews of the service
- Videos (that do not autoplay)
- Differentiation from competitors (awards won, lowest price, environmental standards, lifetime support, etc.)
- An obvious CTA (call-to-action) such as “call now” or “contact us”
We need to make sure the pages are very helpful to users and fun to read, not just full of text.
Here’s an example for Slip and Fall Accidents. You can reuse this template for all the new pages of content.
- What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Steps to take immediately after experiencing a Slip and Fall Accident.
- How can someone tell if they have a good Slip and Fall case and should contact you? For example, they have footage or the incident, witnesses, photos of injuries, etc.
- What are some Florida-specific rules for Slip and Fall Accident cases that most people don’t know about?
- Why would someone need a lawyer for a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Big Slip and Fall Accident cases you’ve won and mention financial amounts that you got your clients.
- How long do Slip and Fall cases take to settle?
There are other types of evergreen pages that are important for businesses to have: