Last updated: April 2, 2020
Summary: your privacy is important to Pigzilla, LLC. We abide by these fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it to run our Products or Services.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our Products or Services.
- We don’t store payment information on our servers ever. All payments are handled 100% by Stripe.
- We strive for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Pigzilla, LLC (“Pigzilla”) operates www.pigzilla.co. It is Pigzilla’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. For example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: 1) when you provide information to us through forms on our site, 2) and when signing up for our Products or Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us (a subscription to a Pigzilla Product, for example) you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. We use a company called Stripe to process our payments and another called Freshbooks to invoice customers using our Services. No payment information is ever stored on our servers. All payments are handled 100% by Stripe.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or join one of our email lists.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Products and Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on our site. In other words: who did what, when, and to what thing on www.pigzilla.co and emails we send you (e.g., [email address] visited “[URL on www.pigzilla.co]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Products or Services (e.g., page views, actions taken, interactions with other parts of our Products or Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to (for example) provide our Products and Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Products and Services so we can optimize them. We use Google Analytics and ConvertKit to collect this information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to (for example) calculate how many people visit www.pigzilla.co from certain geographic regions.
The cookies we use are:
|understanding how visitors browse and use www.pigzilla.co
|understanding how Pigzilla’s users interact with www.pigzilla.co and email content
|serving targeted Facebook ads to www.pigzilla.co visitors
|serving targeted Google ads to www.pigzilla.co visitors
- To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based). On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
At this time, we do not get information about you from other sources.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Products and Services (for example, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Products or Services);
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Products and Services, which helps us improve them and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition. For example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a membership after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Products and Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Products and Services, protect the security of our Products and Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Pigzilla and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Products and Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Pigzilla and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Pigzilla and our Products and Services; and
- To personalize your experience using our Products and Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular membership with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid service; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on if you are in the EU.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Products and Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Products and Services (like analytics providers), and companies that extend our Products and Services (such as Email Service Providers), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We only select vendors with robust privacy commitments as a prerequisite for sharing information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Pigzilla, third parties, or the public at large.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Products and Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like comments on www.pigzilla.co, posts, and other content that you make public via Pigzilla, are all available to others.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to www.pigzilla.co, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our website and investigate issues if something goes wrong on our website.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Products and Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Products and Services (for example, usage of accounts or communications) may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about Products and Services you have purchased and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Pigzilla does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Products and Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Pigzilla website, with the drawback that certain features of Pigzilla website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you want to access, correct, or delete your personal data or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, email us using this form or via physical mail at the address below.
2546 18th Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Other Things You Should Know
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third-party plugins or other third-party software such as that of your Email Service Provider, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself (or your site visitors, or your customers, or your subscribers) to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.