Gaining Access to WordPress
You’ll want to gain access to their CMS in order to make SEO changes. If it’s WordPress this is how a new user can be added.
In WordPress, in the left hand tab click on “Users” and then “Add New”.
Once you are in the user screen, make sure to fill out these fields:
- Check the “Send User Notification” box so that the user can set their own password.
- For “Role” choose “Administrator”
Some clients may be apprehensive to add anyone as an Administrator. You need to be an administrator in order to do the following:
- Install, activate and delete plugins
- Edit theme files
- Create, edit and delete pages
- Add other users as necesarry
If you can’t do these things you will have your hands tied in regards to their SEO.