Getting a lot of phone calls and emails but not getting any new clients?
In an article by Forbes, a study of over 10,000 companies showed that 71% of internet leads are wasted due to an extended response time. It takes close to two days on average for a return call to be made and representatives only try calling their leads back 1.3 times. Also, research from InsideSales.com shows that 35–50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first.
Here are some best practices you will want to cover with your clients to make sure they aren’t losing leads that you’ve worked hard to bring them:
- Try to answer phone calls immediately
- If they use an answering service, have an option to speak to someone immediately
- Send auto reply emails letting customers know that they received their message and will call or reply within one hour
- Reply to emails or call them back within one hour
- Try to call them back three times. Try different times of the day. The time of day that they initially called or emailed you might be a good time to contact them back.
Was this article helpful?