If you want people to link to your website then you have to give them a reason to. For example, does your website have valuable information that people want to share? Does it have cool tools on it that people will enjoy using? If your site doesn’t have anything more than a little bit “about you” on it, then no one will have a reason to link to it. The steps for building links are:
- Create useful information, tools or engaging content on your website that is unique.
- Contact websites that you want links from in order to get acquainted with them. Basically start networking.
- When the timing is right let them know about your unique information, tools, hilarious post or whatever it is. If they find it valuable they will link to you naturally.
- DO NOT ask them to link to your site! This can result in a ranking penalty from Google.
- DO NOT tell them what anchor text to use! This can result in a ranking penalty from Google.
- DO NOT try to get links from low authority or spammy websites. You are only as good as the company you keep.
Viewed 143 times.