Taking an SEO course has benefits, whether you work on your own, work for an agency or you’re a small business owner.
SEO courses allow you to learn specific skills to integrate into your hands-on training or work. You can broaden your skill set and boost your career. By taking a course, you can also hone in on highly specific areas of SEO you may not have knowledge of currently.
Seasoned professionals develop many of these courses, so you’re also gaining insight and bits of wisdom from them.
With so many options, what is the best SEO course?
I’ve put together a list of a few of the best SEO courses available right now.
The Blueprint Training
The Blueprint Training helps you scale your SEO business. The Blueprint Training breaks all-things SEO into a manageable process so that you can consistently replicate it for results.
The modules of the course are short and highly actionable. They get to the point, and you get only the most relevant information in the form of step-by-step instructions. You can also use the videos to train your staff or contractors.
Features of The Blueprint Training include:
- The course breaks down the five phases of an SEO campaign, starting with learning and going through the evaluation phase.
- Learn how to manage hundreds of SEO campaigns without diminishing quality.
- Focuses on both technical and on-page SEO.
- Private Slack channel access for ongoing support.
- Case studies bring concepts to life.
Another perk of The Blueprint Training is the pre-built templates that come with each module. Again, the idea is to reduce your work but ensure that you get results with a process that you can continue using again and again.
Price: Starts at $2,999
Traffic Think Tank
Traffic Think Tank offers training that’s especially applicable if you already have a foundational understanding of SEO but want to expand on that. You can learn how to address common challenges, and rather than being stagnant, stay ahead of the game.
There are hundreds of hours of content, which you can search and filter by both topic and skill level.
You can also gain access to content from some of the best names in SEO, and the coursework comes with 1:1 help from SEO veterans.
Topics and features include:
- Content creation
- Solving complex technical issues related to SEO.
- Scaling up your team in a manageable way.
- How to prove your worth, whether it be to a client or your boss.
- The ability to stay current with peer sharing.
Another unique element of Traffic Thank Tank that makes it a good option in SEO courses is that there are elements that help you apply the concepts you learn. These include downloadable cheat sheets and process documents that you can, within a matter of minutes, use to implement your training into your work.
Price: Starts at $99 a month
SEO Blueprint provides a training course that can be used by any level as far as existing skills and experience. According to the course creator, you’ll have the context you need as a beginner. If you’re advanced, the creator also says there are more than a dozen proven strategies that he doesn’t think you’ll find elsewhere.
Features and other elements of the SEO Blueprint program that make it unique include:
- The course is self-paced and you get access to everything as soon as you join.
- You can give access to your team members and track their progress.
- Includes step-by-step tutorials and checklists.
- Extensive community-based support.
Price: Not listed at this time
Gotch SEO Academy
Gotch SEO Academy was founded in 2013 by Nathan Gotch. His training course has been featured by Ahrefs, Search Engine Watch, and Search Engine Journal.
Experts have called Gotch SEO one of the best training programs they’ve seen.
The courses are broken down into categories like Client SEO System, which helps you learn how to get your first client, and SEO Audit Demos. The SEO Audit Demos let you see what prevents certain sites from reaching their maximum performance potential.
Other features and topics include:
- How to build successful niche websites
- Specific methodologies for calculating your SEO ROI
- A beginner’s guide to site architecture
- There’s a focus on long-term traffic generation.
There are hours of training videos that translate well to a range of needs. For example, this training might be applicable if you own a website, have a business and want to train in-house employees to do SEO work, or you think you could save money by doing your own SEO.
Price: Starts at $97 a month
The SEO Playbook
The SEO Playbook is another SEO course that focuses on breaking down key elements into step-by-step processes. You could then use these processes to scale traffic across any industry and type of website.
The SEO Playbook’s creator is Robbie Richards.
Robbie has worked on search marketing campaigns for everyone from small local businesses to large Fortune 500 brands.
The library of coursework with The SEO Playbook is about building repeatable processes.
The SEO Playbook isn’t for new SEOs and it’s not built on theory—it’s focused on highly replicable practices. There are more than 100 video lectures, hours of video training, dozens of in-depth training modules and more than 60 process documents and templates.
Specific features and areas covered include:
- Over-the-shoulder training lets you watch as the course creator goes through the course material and applies it in real-world situations.
- The process documents are often in the format of easy-to-follow checklists.
- With the course, you gain access to a private Slack channel to work with hundreds of other students and professionals and get feedback or answers to questions.
- The content audit playbook helps you perform technical audits for both short- and long-term traffic growth.
Price: Not posted at this time
Authority Hacker offers a broad set of curriculum to help you grow your organic traffic in many ways.
Along with training courses, which, according to the company, have helped more than 6,000 people grow their online businesses, Authority Hacker offers a blog, tutorials, case studies and a podcast.
Some of the most popular topics in the Authority Hacker activities include:
- SEO copywriting
- Site architecture
- Link outreach
- Internal tags
- Guest posting
Authority Hacker has broad-based offerings that could work well regardless of where you are in your career. You can start with the basics of SEO and then work your way up to more advanced topics with this coursework.
This is different from options on this list, like The SEO Playbook, intended for people who already have foundational SEO knowledge.
Price: Starts at $997
Bring Home the Bacon
Bring Home the Bacon is a private SEO training community offered through Pigzilla. The unique feature of BHB is the local SEO focus.
Local SEO is a critical component of a robust digital marketing strategy, but it’s also overlooked.
When you focus on local SEO strategies, you’re ensuring that the people near you, searching for businesses like yours, are going to find and connect with you. Your visibility in location-based searches is boosted.
That’s especially important when you think about how people do business now. They use their smartphones and mobile devices to connect with the services and business providers they need based on their location at any given moment.
Think about the search prevalence of geo qualifiers such as zip code and “near me.”
- Google My Business
- Online reviews
- Business listings
- Keyword targeting
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Tracking conversions
- Much more!
Bring Home the Bacon training focuses on WordPress sites but can be applicable regardless of CMS.
- One-click copy templates and Google Sheets templates.
- There are more than 100 training documents focused on local SEO training, updated regularly.
- You also gain access to a private Slack community with BHB. It’s an evolving collection of content but also provides you with connections for feedback and to get answers to questions you may have.
Price: Starts at $49 a month with access to all content and the community. You can also join just the community for free.
Learning SEO is a continually evolving process. Developing new skills is an integral part of the process, regardless of your level of expertise. With training courses, you’re cultivating and sharpening your skills. The above courses are all well-reviewed and offer unique content and interesting approaches to SEO training.